Essay on Business Admin Rights and Responsibilities at Work
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 15 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Name: Glen Burroughs
Section 1: Rights …show more content…
Four main points that should be included in a contract of employment include: 1. The employer and employees names, 2. Job title and outline to job role/duties, 3. Hours of work and Salary, 4. Grievance/disciplinary procedure
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment. [1.2]
1. Health and safety – under the Health and safety act 1974, employers are responsible to ensure that all employees are working in a safe working environment. 2. Data Protection – under the data protection act 1998, companies are responsible for keeping only the data that is required. It need to be up to date, accurate and sufficient. As such a time that the data is no longer needed the company must destroy the data that they hold on file. 3. Pay and pensions – employers must meet the requirements of the minimum wage for all