English Bonus Essay
Chapter 1/ Activity 1
1. The Anasazi were the ancestors of the modern Pueblo People. Archaeologists have said they were the people who farmed the Four Corners. The Anasazi civilization was located in the Four Corners region of the Colorado Plateau, Southern Utah, Northern Arizona, and Northwest New Mexico. They later shifted the population to the Rio Grande Valley and the Mongollon rim.
2. Traditionally they had a matrilineal government, but many modern Pueblos were organized into clans and governed by clan elders. Other research shows that communities were formed with small villagers surrounding them.
3. No one knows what language they spoke. The culture was widespread in that time and location, …show more content…
6. The Anasazi Heritage Center is a museum of the Ancestral Puebloan Culture and other Native cultures in the Four Corners region. It is also the starting point for visits to Canyons of the Ancients National Monument. Anasazi Heritage Center displays the culture and history of the Ancestral Pueblo people, and the methods that modern archaeologists use to reveal the past.
7. They farmed mesa tops, plains, and canyon bottoms. The early Anasazi were hunters and gatherers. The basketmakers relied on dry farming. They cared for the plants throughout the spring and summer. They rarely used river irrigation but did manage to capture river runoff.
8. They used