Paper #1 Outline and Rough draft due in recitation sections on October 2-3 and will be returned Oct 8-10. Final Papers due October 15. No late submissions will be accepted without prior approval. Papers should be emailed to NYU classes AND a hardcopy turned in.
* Select one out of the following three questions. Write an essay of approximately and no more than 1200 –1500 words. (Use the “word count” function in your word processor).
* Quoting: you should quote from the text. Make sure that the quotes do not take up too large a part of your paper and only supplement (rather than substitute) your own words. Whenever you quote, you MUST …show more content…
* Close attention will be paid to the writing. Good arguments can be lost when your writing is unclear or sloppy. Make sure you read through your paper at the end. A helpful way to proofread is to read it out loud. Your ear can hear when something sounds awkward. You could also have a friend proofread it – do not rely on the “spellcheck” function alone, as it will not catch errors such as “now” for “not.”
* Note that 1200-1500 words take up five to six double-spaced pages. Please use normal page margins, double spacing, 12 pt. font, and Times New Roman style. You do NOT need a cover page, but you should have a heading with your name, your TA’s name and the recitation section time, the date, and a TITLE for your paper.
* Plagiarism: copying any amount of text from any source (be it a book, website, article, speech, etc.) without proper attribution is plagiarism. Similarly, copying