As Weber discussed, among other attributes, successful entrepreneurs must possess effective leadership skills. For this assignment, you will listen to a podcast of Steve Case, former Chairman and CEO of AOL, discussing his views of entrepreneurs. In another podcast, you’ll hear James Kouzes, co-author of The Leadership Challenge, describe the five (5) basic points that the best leaders use to motivate. In addition, you will read an article written …show more content…
4. Read: Understanding Entrepreneurial Leadership in today’s Dynamic Markets http://usasbe.org/knowledge/proceedings/proceedingsDocs/USASBE2003proceedings-21.pdf.
You are to write a four to five (4-5) page paper that answers the following:
1. Create a hybrid theory/philosophy which combines the common elements found in the thinking of Case, Kouzes, and Drucker. In your philosophy, be sure to include the new definition of entrepreneurial leadership presented in Understanding Entrepreneurial Leadership in today’s Dynamic Markets.
2. Describe what type of organization a transactional, transformational, and authentic leader would thrive in the most, as well as which type of leader would thrive the least. Explain your response using at least one (1) additional source.
3. Evaluate the resources and tools available through the Small Business Administration and SCORE, and determine which single resource or tool is most useful to the greatest number of businesses. Explain your rationale.
4. Create a list of leadership best practices that would apply to the greatest number of businesses (both small and large). Be sure to explain your reasoning.
The format of the paper is to be as follows:
• Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on