Is Training the Most Important Factor in Human Resource Management?
Human Resource Planning
The first factor we are going to discuss is human resource planning. There are two parts in a good HR planning first strategic HR planning and second Operational HR planning.
==> Strategic HR Planning …show more content…
1. Job analysis involves determining the different aspects of a job, such as through job description and job specification.
2. Screening and selection is the process of assessing the employees who apply for the job. It is conducted to understand relevant skills, knowledge, aptitude, qualifications, and educational or job related experience of employees. Some of the ways of screening are screening resumes and job applications, interviewing, and job related or behavioural testing.
3. After screen and selection, the best candidate is then selected.
4. On boarding is to help new employees become productive members of an organization.
Employee orientation is part of a long-term investment in a new employee. HR managers are given the role to help new employees feel welcome and less painful in the process of adapting to the company.
Some of the basic orientation consist of
• Welcoming employee to company
• Orientation to business
• Explaining company policies and procedures
• Safety and emergency procedures
• Explaining of benefit package
• Tours of facility and work areas
• Describing job responsibilities and performance expectations
• Finalize employment documentation
Training & Development
Training and Development is the upgrading of a person’s skill or the addition of new skill, which in turn can bring